Friday, February 4, 2011

A Cabin Getaway

…without having to leave home!

We are going on day four of “Snow Day” and people are starting to complain of Cabin Fever. Not Me. I was recently dreaming of vacationing in a cabin somewhere in “a little place called Asss-pin” (name that movie) or possibly the Alps (emphasis on the dreaming). A wintery wonderland beyond my frost covered windows, getting bundled in a Fair-Isle sweater, sipping hot cocoa, sitting by the fire, making...HALT…you don’t need to know that much about my dream. But now my dreams have come true. Minus the mountains. And the sweater—because it’s not in my 30 for 30. Instead, I went with this look today.

day three
009015019020









002

It highlights my freshly painted pink nails I had time to paint while being snowed in. The walls of my cabin house were impressed with this outfit.

My four-year- old was just happy I finally got out of my pajamas. He said to me just shortly before noon, “Um, Mommy, maybe you should get out of your pajamas now.”

Notice I snuck him in. Um Ya. He got dressed like that by himself by 9 am. Full slacks, shirt, tie, and loafers (and it’s NOT Sunday!) He said he liked what the boy in “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” wore to the dance with his mom.

I had to step up my game with that little handsome running about the house, so I wore pink heels—he approved : )

Then I kicked up my heels and had to watch that movie with him to see what the heck he was talking about!

Outfit Particulars: Pink Heels, Target; DKNY Skinny Jeans, Costco, Black Top, Costco; Black Infinity scarf, gifted; Earrings, JC Penny.

{The What & Why about 30 for 30 Remix}

{See Melody’s Day Three}
Pin It!

3 comments:

Melody's Voice said...

Love the pink shoes. They really pop the outfit! Love the winking shot :)

Macy Dawn said...

Hot shoes + adorable kid. I feel like I am lacking these items in my 30 for 30 challenge ;)

Fun and Festive said...

Cute pictures. I love how Rylan wanted to get dressed up. Sean must have loved this outfit with the pink high heels.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld