Thursday, March 1, 2012

Re-painted kitchen desk

I have a nook in my kitchen that is meant for a kitchen desk. THE perfect mommy center. To have had the builder do the desk (for an upgrade) was almost $400! No thank you.  So I went way outside my comfort zone and explored the world of Craig’s List to find a desk—despite my nightmare of being hacked to pieces by another Craig’s List serial killer. Seriously. I had a very graphic nightmare about it the night I started searching online for a desk. But, I was brave, and blessed, because I found a fantastic deal that was exactly what I was looking for, and the seller was a very sweet, polite young man who my mom (my buddy system companion) and I were very relieved to do business with.  The desk was in almost perfect condition, except it was dark walnut stain, and I wanted white.

So…

I painted it! $20 bucks and two days of labor later, I had this:

IMG_0671

I still have some organizational stuff I need to put on the wall above it to truly turn it into a mommy office/station, but I already love it. At this very moment I am sitting right where you see and typing this post. It really is perfect :)

I am envisioning something like this above it eventually (plus and minus a few things)…

via Pinterest

Pin It!

2 comments:

Christina said...

I found you through the OBB link up on facebook. I love your office nook in your kitchen! We have our desk off the kitchen, but I long for a more built-in feel to it. Great job with the desk re-do, and great blog!

Anonymous said...

Please tell me where you got your lamp! It's gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld