With this dish, he went back for seconds, then thirds, then scraped whatever he could left in the pan.
It serves 6-8, but if you have a big family or big eaters, I recommend doubling it.
**The feta cheese is what gave this dish the extra yumminess, so don’t leave that out!**
With few ingredients and simple to do, this is going to be a usual in my house.
Healthy Mac and Cheese
2 cups whole-wheat fusilli pasta
Cooking oil spray
1 clove of minced garlic
1-1/2 cups of chopped broccoli
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup low-fat crumbled feta
1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar & Monterey Jack Cheese (I doubled this)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. Spray casserole dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
4. Lightly spray saucepan. Over medium-high heat, add garlic and sauté until golden brown.
5. In a large bowl combine cooked pasta, garlic, broccoli, milk, egg, feta, half the shredded cheese mixture and pepper until fully combined.
6. Spoon into a 10-x-6-inch baking pan. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
8. I then broiled it until the top was slightly crispy—hubby likes it that way.
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
(recipe & photos courtesy of the yum food & fun magazine)