Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Distracting Target

I know one is supposed to focus on a target, but shopping at a Target, now that is a distraction.  When I finally emerge, at least two hours have flown by. 

Last time it was this (among other things) that distracted me…

target 003

a fedora hat. On sale 6 bucks. So fun huh?! (more about this fashionable item later)

On today’s trip, it was this fun item that distracted me…

target 006

If you know me, or have been faithfully reading my blog, you’ll know that I am all about festiveness. Especially Halloween! So how could I resist this bracelet? 8 bucks. There were other styles, as well as necklaces, bracelets, rings, and hair bands. I limited myself to just the bracelet (I already have Halloweeny earrings.)

Fashion Tip: The right bracelet on the wrist could make the arms look long, lean and slender like. Especially for people who “talk with their hands” (like me), this jewelry piece can be a sassy addition.


And then there were these. Totally frivolous…

target 009

but totally festive fun.  5 bucks.  I couldn’t decide the black and white striped tights, or the orange and black stripped knee high socks. I made my life easier and bought both. There were many more styles and even slippers. Oh, and in case you were wondering—yes, these are for me.  And, yes, I do get dressed up to go Trick or Treating because as Frank Sinatra crooned…

For as rich as you are, it’s much better by far, to be young at heart.

Oh, and I forgot one more thing…

october 007

This adorable flag. I am the witch (a nice one) and the pumpkins are my three boys—daddy’s at work in this scenario.
Smile
Pin It!

2 comments:

Fun and Festive said...

Cute stuff. Fall is so fun.in

Heather Lytle said...

I get dressed up for our church Halloween party, but not usually on THE night, maybe this year I will though since I'm taking so much time to make my costume (Dorothy from Wizard of Oz).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld