Friday, November 11, 2011

After a Fashion: Blonde in Boots

IMG_0014

Shirt: Express, Scarf: NY&Co, Jeans: Elle @ Kohl’s, Boots: Style&Co @ Macy’s

IMG_0012

As evidenced from the picture below, this is another copy-cat outfit from the Downeast October 2011 catalog.  I already had each piece or similar in my wardrobe…

2011-11-06 001 2011-11-06 001

…Except for these boots.  I saw this model’s grey boots and was strangely appealed by them (they are not normally my style, but styles do evolve, right?)

IMG_0020

So, on a shopping trip to Macy’s for some other kind of boots (post upcoming), I saw some greyish, similarish boots. They were okay, but my normal size was a little to snug. They salesman mentioned he had a nine and a half in the taupe color, another not usual color for me, but I gave them a chance. You can see how it turned out.  I left the store with two new boots for the season, and only spent $10 thanks to a gift card I found stashed in my wallet!

They may be taupe, but I call them blonde. The shoe name is “Spunky”. Yay for spunky blondes :)

Pin It!

2 comments:

Melody's Voice said...

Super cute outfit and cute boots too. I love the model's boots. I would totally wear them. I found this great website for boots and ordered two pairs. Some black combat boots and come cognac ridding boots!
Check it out http://www.urbanog.com/index.html

Heather said...

I love boots too! They cover up my "imperfections" You look great in them - totally cute outfit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld