Friday, May 6, 2011

After a Fashion: The Royal Thirties

Last Friday…

After watching “Water for Elephants” and “The Royal Wedding”, both within a twenty-four hour period, I was completely enthralled with two things.

The dramatic red lipped, cropped bob early-1930’s look.

And.

Those dramatic hair-dresses, accessories, hats, thingy’s that all of London had perched on their heads.

So I had to imitate/incorporate both when I got dressed Friday morning last week. (I’m behind a week on blogging. It’s been one of those weeks.)

Royal 028

I wore purple because that is a Royal color in my mind.

Royal 040

 

I found my most dramatic headband.

Royal 025

(this is my “I do declare!” pose)

 

I transformed my hair into a messy bob-like style (in less then 5 minutes, just twist, tuck and pin.)

Royal 018

 

I donned red lipstick.

Royal 009

And dark eye shadow.

Royal 027

It was so much fun! So Sassy Classy!! Plus my husband ADORED it ;)

We can all have our princess moments by having our personal fun, dress up, make up time, and then feeling fabulous as we walk through the grocery store.

Royal 043

Cheers!

Pin It!

5 comments:

Melodys Voice said...

You look super fabulous and super skinny. So pretty :)

Heather said...

You look sooo adorable!!! Did you actually wear heels to the grocery store?

Laura said...

I love the color of your top!

Laura
Born To Be Styled

Fun and Festive said...

Beautiful. I like the retro look. I cant get the pictures to pop out so I can download them.

Kristina Clemens said...

You totally rock that hairstyle! Even better than Reese! Isn't that movie such a visual feast? =)
Kristina J.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld