Saturday, March 27, 2010

Breakfast Bistro

bistro 2010-03-251

I bought a bistro table for my backyard, which the boys are thrilled about!  When I brought it home each of the three boys, yes even Brayden, wanted to help me put it together.  I guess he thinks it is very exciting when mommy is down on the ground “playing” like he is all the time.  So, Brayden pretty much spent the whole time hanging on my back while Colton and Rylan took turns helping me—and I use that term very loosely—screw in the bolts.  It would have been much easier and faster if I insisted that the boys stay away and let me do it all by myself, but I realized a better lesson opportunity was important, even at the sacrifice of my sanity.  In the end, the boys felt very good about themselves and their handy-man abilities.  The next morning, Rylan wanted to enjoy eating  his breakfast cereal at it.  I snuck a few secret photos.

bistro 2010-03-25

Then I went outside and as soon as he saw the camera, mister showman had to put on a silly photoshoot.

bistro 012

Here is my real Smiley-Riley :)

Pin It!

3 comments:

Bren said...

What a cute little table! I want to come to your house and eat breakfast outside :) When are the dates in April that you have something going on??

Warner / Debbie Blair said...

Cut table. Harbor frieght had some chair that would match that table for 17.00 each.

Heather Lytle said...

I love patio tables for eating outside. That was very good of you to let your boys help you put it together. I woulda told my kids to leave me alone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld