Saturday, July 28, 2012

Don’t Judge Freezer Fudge {recipe}

IMG_1615

I know this may look like the ugliest fudge you’ve ever seen, but don’t judge. What it lacks in looks it makes up for in taste!

I came away from Disneyland craving two things. (Other then being an enchanted princess.) First was fudge.  In main street they have the best candy store—Candy Palace. I believe it is where all the princesses go for their sugar fix and magically never get fat. Magical or not, I was not about to spend ten dollars on fudge when it was 90 degrees outside.

Second was sourdough bread.  In California Adventure they have a section that duplicates San Francisco with an actual Boudin Bakery. You smell it before you see it, and let me tell you, it’s what happiness smells like. They even give you free samples. Tiny ones that leave you craving for an entire loaf. If we hadn’t already spent a ridiculous amount for the “Hurricane” shake at the Ghirardelli store I may have succumbed to the sourdough loaf in the shape of Mickey’s face.

The thing about cravings for me is they don’t go away (it’s worse when I’m pregnant—which I’m not!), so within days of returning home, I was in the kitchen making a batch of homemade fudge. The ingredients for this recipe are so basic and simple that I already had everything needed.

1/2 cup butter, cut up

1/4 cup milk

2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

4 cups powdered sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

In a saucepan, melt the butter, milk and chocolate chips over medium-low heat until smooth, stirring constantly. This will take a few minutes but be careful to not let the chocolate burn. Remove from pan from heat and add the powdered sugar and vanilla, beat with a hand mixer on low until smooth. Pour into a buttered 8x8 square dish. Place in the freezer to cool for about two hours.

At room temperature, this fudge is on the softer side. However, it is perfect to keep in the freezer (it won’t get too hard.) A yummy cool, chocolaty treat!

One craving satisfied.

As for the sourdough bread…

IMG_0001

Homemade bread would only happen if a fairy godmother waved her wand in my kitchen. So, a quick trip to Kroger bakery satisfied that craving ;)

Pin It!

2 comments:

Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Yummy! I love fudge!

Would love for you to share this on my blog! Come and join my link-up party today :)

Heather said...

Mmmmm. Chocolate! There is a Spongebob episode where Spongebob and Patrick go door to door selling chocolate bars and they are being stalked by a guy yelling "chocolate" at them. I am the guy yelling "chocolate."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld