Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Orange You Trendy!

I read this article on Realsimple.com about orange being this spring season’s trendy color. And I thought, “Perfect! I just bought some cute orange earrings.” I had been seeing the color sprinkled in stores like Target and New York & Co and was surprisingly drawn to it. So, I thought I’d work it into my wardrobe modestly. I got these at Compass Trading Company.

2011-03-13 001 2011-03-10 002

I used them to add a tiny citrus splash to this outfit. I only almost sprained my ankle twice while running Mommy errands and grocery shopping. These shoes are cute but not made to chase a two year old down the cereal aisle. By the end of the day I noticed strawberry stains on my pants. Again, my two year old—they were his afternoon snack. And, some other kind of stain on my backside. Great. This is why I’ve only worn these pants from Express like three times in the past five years.

 2011-03-13 001 2011-03-10 008

And FYI, basically the article recommends wearing orange with:

Navy

Hot Pink

Violet/Purple

Paired with too light of pastels and you end up looking like an Easter Egg.

Pin It!

3 comments:

Melody's Voice said...

I love the white white pants. I've been wanting white pants for years! Love the outfit!

Unknown said...

CUTE earrings!
Goes well with your outfit.
I do not like pink $ orange together.

I posted more outfits from my 30IN30 challenge!

-Kimberly
http://kabersblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/what-i-wore-for-30in30.html

Aleyta said...

I can totally relate to finding random food stains on my clothes throughout the day!!! Lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld