Monday, November 22, 2010

Heather’s Brain Candy

Just in time to settle in for the holidays with a warm blanket, cup of hot cocoa, and a good book.

DSC01104
Me with my sister Heather.

I’ve featured Heather, who is the most avid reader I know, before. If she loves a book, most likely I’ll love the book. But we are sisters, so…you know.

I thought I’d share with my fellow Sassy Classy’s her latest list of books she just emailed me (like five minutes ago) to read. {Below, with her quick comments included.}

And, because I know we are all so busy cooking pies for Thursday, working out for Thursday, changing diapers for…well always it seems, or earning money for your next pair of boots; I have linked the book title to Amazon.com for you to see more, or buy. 

Heather’s Book Recommends

Push Not the River by James Conroyd Martin

(Historical book that was based off one woman's diary.  I think I'd like to read this again since it's been a few years since I read it.)
Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
(The first of a series; a sci-fi that is a little abstract, but unique.)

Sunshine by Robin McKinney
(A vampire book that at some times it was hard to grasp the magic involved, but it's a story that has stayed in my mind.)

Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt
(It reads sort of like a fairy tale and I thought it was a sweet, fun little story.)

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
(This is the first of three books and my favorite of the three.)

Love and Honor: A Novel by Randall Wallace
(I remember loving this story at the time, but it's been a few years since I've read it.)

Thanks Heather…I’ll call ya : )
Pin It!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld