Saturday, January 9, 2010

A touch of pink….or so.

In a home where the usual talk is of GI Joe, Dinosaurs, and how to throw with stepping forward and following through, I feel I am entitled to add the feminine touch hear and there.  Sean is terrific in letting me have complete freedom in decorating and compliments my style decisions throughout the house.  I must admit that there have been a few chairs or decor accents that he hasn’t been initially fond of but he trusts my judgment and rolls with it, and I have had to poo-poo some decor suggestions by him, like a Star Wars poster or a hideous hand me down recliner.  But among all my home decorating loves is our bedroom. The suite is mostly on the neutral side with the black and white color pallet but slowly I’ve been letting some pink creep in bit by bit.  I just love, love, love my latest feminine splash of pink (gifted to me by my mother in law)--an accent pillow for the bed. On the day I got it, Colton came home from school and walked into my room and instantly said, “I like your new pink pillow, mommy.”  Now, if only his father had said that.  He’s remained silent on the topic.  He is a wise, kind man :)

2010-01-041
Here are my other pink touches throughout our room.
2010-01-04
Pin It!

2 comments:

Sharla said...

Love the pink! The pillow is awesome.

Melody and Nathan Pellegrin said...

Your room is SO Cuuute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld