Wednesday, October 10, 2012

His and Hers Halloween Decor

2012-10-10 001

It is my favorite time of the year. The temperatures cool, the leaves change, boots, pumpkin everything, and down from the attic come the 35 boxes of holiday decorations for the next three months. Thirty days each to enjoy Halloween Décor, Thanksgiving Décor, and Christmas Décor. 

If you know my husband and I, or have been reading my blog for a while, you know that we are HUGE festive loving people. Halloween decorations are probably my favorite. They are definitely my husband’s favorite. Before we moved to our current home, we used to do a Haunted House for the neighborhood on Halloween. Over 2,000 people would come through. Fun Times!

Consequently we now have A LOT of creepy, disturbing decorations that my husband enjoyed decorating our new home with.  I felt the need to balance out the spooky with some sparkly, cutesy Halloween décor. Ours is a His and Hers Haunted House {wink}.

IMG_0001

Dining Room Buffet Table (Hers).

IMG_0006

IMG_0005

Dining Room Table Runner and Centerpieces (Hers).

IMG_0003

IMG_0009

Entry Cauldron of Bones and Tombstone (His).

IMG_0010

Foyer Table Gargoyle and Terrifying Portrait (His) .

IMG_0011

Foyer Window sparkly candle lanterns (Hers). Evil Cat and Spider (His).

IMG_0013

Foyer Pendant Light Spider (His). And that’s not even the big one.

IMG_0014

Office Prisoner and Screaming Ghost (His).

IMG_0015

Warning sign was my 8-yr-old’s. Obviously, like Father like Son.

IMG_0012

Yes, those are THAT big. Plus the vampire bat has red glowing eyes. It freaks me out. It is HIS favorite.

IMG_0016

Fireplace and Mantel (Hers).

IMG_0018

Banner made by my mom. Tutorial.

IMG_0019

Mirror Stick On’s (Hers).

IMG_0031

Letter Blocks (Hers, homemade).

IMG_0022

Mean Pumpkins (His). Homemade Door Wreath, Hay, Flowers, Mat (Hers).

IMG_0023

Made by my 8-yr-old with his Grandma. Tutorial.

IMG_0034

Made by my 5-yr-old with his Grandma.

It is going to be so wonderful to celebrate the Fall and Winter Holidays for the first time in this home. I feel so blessed…even if I can’t walk through my house after dark for the next twenty days.

Our top places to buy Halloween Décor:

  • Target
  • Cracker Barrell
  • Kirkland’s
  • Spirit
  • World Market
  • Costco
Pin It!

1 comments:

Fun and Festive said...

So many great decorations. I will have to pin them. I miss the hauntef house fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld