Saturday, February 18, 2012

Our belated Valentine’s

On the actual Valentine’s Day I got a dozen hot pink/red roses….he knows my heart. But last night was the date! We shipped the boys to Grandma’s house to spend the night and we had fun ;)

Here was our date night from my phone’s perspective…

2012-02-17

How cute are we? We matched! But not on purpose, I promise. Husband would not allow that sort of “nonsense” to be intentional. We are just totally in-sync, or something. We matched all the time when we were dating, also unintentionally of course. It was one of those signs I decided that means we are the perfect match for each other.

IMG_0624

We had dinner at one of our favorites: Cheesecake Factory. We had way too much bread and butter, and only had enough room in our tummies to eat half our entrée’s (lunch next day!). 

IMG_0630

Husband was full, and satisfied.

IMG_0632

Afterwards, we strolled through the Southlake Town Center. I did some shopping. Husband broke up a girl fight. You just can’t take me anywhere.

Just Kidding.

I wasn’t in the fight. It was some teenage girls. They were going at it something fierce. My initial response was, “Ahhhsome, girl fight! I haven’t seen one of those since on the quad senior year in high school.”

My husband’s initial response, “I’m going to have to go break that up.” So he did. So chivalrous. 

Afterwards he said, “That’s the difference between twenty years. High school me would have gone over and started doing jumping jacks around them, cheering it on.” I laughed, and then thought, hmm? I guess I have a little high school me inside, but that’s no surprise.

Then we went home and watched Moneyball. And when I say we, I mean he; I fell asleep on the bed. That movie is boring, and not even Brad Pitt could keep me awake! But then again, I barely know who a designed pitcher is, or wait, maybe it’s designated hitter. Just kidding. But barely.

Pin It!

3 comments:

Melody's Voice said...

Looks like a fun romantic night :)

ps. I hate the word code I have to type in to leave a comment.

Heather said...

Sounds like your Valentines day was a lot like ours (except for the girl fight thing).

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld