Tuesday, January 31, 2012

ONCE UPON A TIME

It’s official. I have a new favorite show.  I haven’t branched into obsession as I usually do, but I think that is only because it is currently on-air and I have to wait each week (seven days!) to watch the new one. Otherwise, I may be laying on the couch watching episode after episode promising the smarter (saner, responsible) part of myself that I will get up after the next one is over and do some real life accomplishment—like fold laundry, or get dressed.  Buuutttt, I haven’t gotten to that point because like I said I have to wait each week to watch.  The show is “Once Upon a Time.” Are you watching it, too?

Once Upon aTime promo image.jpg

Once Upon A Time (NBC)

Just by the title I should have known I would love it. (Bit of a fairytale sucker I am.) However, you never know by just a title.  I wasn’t too sure once it started (slight cheese factor), but I’m a few months into it and I’ve decided it’s my new favorite. One, I look forward to watching. Two, I have a character crush on the show. And three, I find myself incorporating some kind of aspect of the fictional show into my real life. I am such a nerd, but that’s me and I like it. (You’ll see what I mean later.)

I actually have two character crushes on the show. First is Prince Charming.

Prince Charming

Played by Josh Dallas

He is so honorable, noble and just wants true, true love. {sigh}. Plus those LIPS!! And his voice is sexy. I like him. a lot.

Second is Emma Swan. It’s more of a non-sexual crush really.

Emma Swan

Played by Jennifer Morrison

She is so pretty, yet damaged and tough, but has a soft spot for the underdog and doing the right thing. Plus she wears super cool jackets and boots, all the time with dark jeans. Watch the show and you will see. Seriously, please—just watch the show. I want it to stick around for a while because good, wholesome family shows are NEEDED!!

Anyway, it’s my new favorite. It makes me happy to watch. And,  may be subconsciously affecting my real life—in a good way.  See next post to understand.

Pin It!

5 comments:

Haunani said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show, too! Thanks for the super cute post!

Warner / Debbie Blair said...

When I heard the title of this show I was so excited to see it. I was hoping it wouldn't be stupid...and it wasn't, I like it and so does dad.

Robyn said...

I have wanted to start watching this so badly, but I don;t know if I have tome for another TV show in my life. I know that sounds dramatic, but I feel like I waste too much time as it is in front of tv and computer screens. I am going to cake though. It looks so good.

Yara Simón said...

I'm like that, too. I watch shows in marathon sessions, and I love "Once Upon A Time," so it's the worst having to wait.

Heather said...

I do love this show. I started a few days before the Super Bowl (curse that, cause then I had to wait more than a week!). I watched them all in a couple days (while doing other jobs, of course! haha!). Anywho, I am so excited for a new one tonight. I would say my favorite characters are the same. Charming is perfect for the role. He is not all out "dashing" and in love with himself. Love it! I also like Ginnifer Goodwin, more with long hair, but I like her better in this than anything I have seen her in.
I found you cause I needed Sunbeam printables for the procrastinating teacher {me} and then I saw this post. SO Thanks and hope you get to watch today's episode soon! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld