Saturday, September 17, 2011

Maui Day Three {2011}

IMG_0037
IMG_0041
IMG_0036
IMG_0040
Day three was our first snorkel day. So we caravanned to a local snorkel hot spot. To be out driving was awesome because we enjoyed seeing the island and more of it’s beautiful landscape and vegetation.
IMG_0027IMG_0026
We snorkeled down there.
IMG_0032IMG_0030IMG_0028IMG_0029
Sean is part fish so he LOVES to snorkel. I am more of a land animal. But I kicked out there for 30 minutes, peeked under a few times, then got weirded out, and kicked back to shore for 30 minutes. I think Sean rendezvoused with The Little Mermaid and took her out on a date under water because he disappeared for a long time.
IMG_0024
On the way to the water we got to trek through this jungle. It was dark, creepy, and so cool.
IMG_0018
There were even some Jungle monsters.
Speaking of Jungle monsters….
I was walking with Stacy and we were lugging quite a bit of gear and little kiddos with us and snacks and towels and everything, when out of the trees jumps Dustin. Completely terrifying us! He was so happy with himself. I may have peed myself and ruptured a vocal chord. It was not my favorite. I don’t think it was Stacy’s favorite either. I think it was Dustin’s favorite.
IMG_0015IMG_0013IMG_0011
Rylan may have been paranoid about lurking monsters as well. Or maybe I was the only one, but maybe Rylan too ;)
IMG_0014IMG_0003
IMG_0001
And what would be a jungle adventure/walk without some serious vine swinging? Stacy was clearly impressed, as was Mady.
IMG_0008
Someone following me?
IMG_0020
Mom, want to see me jump off this branch?
IMG_0021
Ya-hoo!
Pin It!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful! What a cool jungle. These are great memories that you and your family are creating.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld