Monday, July 11, 2011

An Old Fashioned Ice Cream Man

This is me French kissing REAL soft serve ice cream. {Sorry for the PDA.}

057

Did I mention that it is REAL? Ice Cream. Soft Serve. Dipped in chocolate, or sprinkles, or cherry shell! It was a whole new experience for me. I don’t know what McDonald’s soft serve is made of, but it doesn’t compare to this stuff! It is so creamy. Dreamy Creamy!

048

Here’s the best part—It came from an Ice Cream Truck! Who knew, right!?

While out with the missionaries (from our church), my husband visited a family who shared their neighborhood treasure. They told us that “Mister Softee” drove by between 7:00 and 8:00 pm., and he is always greeted with a line up of people waiting.

So, the next night, we packed in the minivan and headed into their neighborhood to see and taste for ourselves. Sure enough, we knew we were on the right street when we saw garage doors open and chairs set up with people waiting for him.

052

We asked Mister Softee if he ever came into our neighborhood. Apparently our neighborhood is not a popular one for him—we NEED to change that ASAP! Usually only two houses buy from him :(  Coincidentally, they are both FBI agents. He cruises our neighborhood on Saturdays between 4:00 and 6:00 pm. So, if you are in our neighborhood, listen for Mister Softee and give him a chance. 

050

Just look at the size of these cones!

049

And the happy faces they cause.

053

It is what Summer evenings are made of.

:)

Pin It!

8 comments:

Lap of Luxury said...

That looks yum-ie!!! I'll take one please :P

Stacy said...

Can I bring Coop and Maddie over for a Mr. Softee next month when we come?

Danielle said...

That look so yummy! I wish we had one of those trucks in our neighbourhood:>

Meredith said...

holy cow, if i had some soft serve I'd so french it right now too. YUM!
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

Kimberly said...

WHAT IS UP WITH 8pm? At our old house the ice cream truck drove through at 9PM or LATER> I told my boys it was the Night-Night truck playing music to help people sleep. Which is the only 'childhood lie' I think I told. but who wants to get their kids out of bed at 9:30 for ICE CREAM??

PS. I am linking to you in my post today.

Danielle said...

I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the lovely bloggy award. hop on over to my blog to check it out:>

www.blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

Warner / Debbie Blair said...

How fun! I love chocolate dipped cones. How much do they cost?

Jenni said...

What a good idea. I could make a fortune! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld