Thursday, November 25, 2010

Rylan is Four!

Thanksgiving 035

 

Yep, that’s right. My smiley Riley turned four! I still vividly remember four years ago today so happy to be eating my Thanksgiving meal in a hospital bed with my newborn red-headed baby next to me.  He was such a perfect baby. A blessing that Heavenly Father knew I needed.  It got a little rough once the words came around two year’s old and lots of spunk and personality came with it continuing into the three’s.  I half jokingly say his true colors came out. But through it all he’s been absolutely adorable. That face. He charms the world with it. Once he approached the exciting four, which I think is a big turn from toddler to little boy, I started to see a change in Rylan. He was truly growing up.  His natural desire to be helpful increased even more. He wants to be mommy’s helper and “man of the house” while Colton is at school and it shows through his actions.  Today he even responded with a “yes, ma’am”!  When I look at that face of his all scrunched up with his cheerful smile, my heart melts and I can’t help but give those freckled cheeks big kisses. And, even though he is FOUR now, he still lets me.

I am thankful for my precious Rylan.

Pin It!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld