Saturday, September 25, 2010

To fill their tummies

My boys are EATERS!!  I am discovering that I need to adjust my estimation of how many servings I should prepare or how much food to make.  Often the boys will eat all the food I dished out on their plates, and then ask, “more please.” Yet, I don’t have more.  Sean and I also noticed how much they are eating when we are at restaurants.  Before they could share one kids meal and eat off our plates. Lately, we’ve done this and then the “more please” comes, but there is no more. Sean and I love to eat out and we didn’t stop just because of our kids…we just took them with us.  The boys love restaurants and can name pretty much every one in our area and often make request, like Olive Garden, Buffalo Wild Wings, Chilies, etc.  Well, just recently Sean and I both came to the decision that we can’t afford taking the boys to dinner with us anymore, and Brayden is at that difficult in a highchair stage. So I’ve made Saturday night “Pizza Night” at our house, and now that Colton has decided that he likes pizza again, they’ve been excited about it.  Tonight I thought maybe we could manage with one pizza, ah, nope.  We are a two pizza family! Thank goodness we improvised to fill their ever growing bellies…with soda, applesauce and then the grand finale….cinnamon rolls for dessert.  Even still they wanted strawberry milk to wash it all down afterwards.  Note to self: Always make two pizzas for now on.  I can’t imagine how many pizzas we will need when they are teenagers!  I’ve heard the stories about how much boys eat—now I am living it.

 

With their still hungry tummies, they boys were very anxious for cinnamon rolls to be ready.

001

I turned on the light so they could watch them.  It was a hit.

 

002

004

Brayden was especially fascinated.  I love how he squats like this :)

 

005

Baking just makes life better.

Pin It!

5 comments:

Melody's Voice said...

They need all that food as they are growing into big, healthy men. It;s cute how they are all looking in and waiting for the cinnamon rolls...they sounds yummy!

Serenity said...

so cute. i love your thick, strong boys.

Warner / Debbie Blair said...

How fun! I found that Pizza was a good weekend food. This is the best time you'll ever have with them so enjoy it.

Zepp Family said...

LOVE those pictures. Hey, I have been known to get a little over anxious when awaiting food myself!

Funny, because we were also just saying the other day that we are on the cusp of needing two pizzas now too. I was thinking that 3 girls are starting to eat us out of house and home, but I know you will have it worse in the grocery bill department. I had five brothers growing up and they drank 2 and half to 3 gallons of milk a day.

Chris said...

I was shocked this weekend when Colton asked for a hot dog with mustard, ketchup and onions. And he ate every bite!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld