Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mom’s new hair

Mom and I played beauty salon again.  I love it.  Mom loves to be blonde, really blonde, but unfortunately she has really dark roots that can look tacky real fast when they are grown out. So to minimize tacky root grow out, she was willing to go closer to her natural cover with more subtle highlights.  Dad actually encouraged it.  He came across a picture of when they were first married and noticed that her hair was more honey golden then the bright blonde she’d been doing.  I did an all-over color to cover the grey and balance out the roots to the rest of the hair. Then I went back in with a mix of chunky and natural weave highlight color one shade lighter.   After I touched up her cut I had done last time.  It’s a round layer with bangs cut that creates body and volume with layers throughout, but she can keep some length without heaviness at the bottom. 

june 001 june 002 june 003

I’ve been watching at-home tutorials and studying different resources as a sort of  “self taught” hair-stylist course. 

Thanks mom for encouraging me, trusting me and being patient….and for the generous tip :)

Pin It!

3 comments:

Melody and Nathan Pellegrin said...

It looks good. Very age appropriate and natural. Nice work :)

Heather Lytle said...

I really like it - both the color and the cut. I think it makes her look younger. good job Amber.

Warner / Debbie Blair said...

I am liking it! Dad likes the darker hair also. I still would like some blonde streaks though. I guess I'm not ready to let go of the blonde days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld