Monday, May 24, 2010

Me and My Sister

001 a

Me and my sister Heather.  We are 22 months apart and are best friends.  Aside from a shoe throwing incident, her calling me fat when I was 7, me informing her that she needed to start using deodorant when she was 10, and a bad boyfriend period in our twenties….we have always got along.  We shared a room for 20 years…until Heather got married. And for the past 10 years we have lived in the same state for only one of those.  But, we only grow closer.  I can call her everyday and talk about nothing and laugh about anything…which we do.  We are lucky enough to be able to see each other a couple of times a year.  Either I treat myself to a trip up to Ohio, or our Mom treats Heather to a trip down to Texas. Combine that with our siblings getting married every couple of years in Cali or Holiday family vacations, and we’ve had some fun times.

This past week, Heather enjoyed some “me” time on a trip to visit us in Texas. Her super husband was Mister Mom all week!  It was a pretty low key week…it doesn’t take much to entertain us.  Heather is Queen Crafty so she did all sorts of projects, like make the yellow fabric flower I’m wearing in my hair in the photo above.  We shopped (of course) and I insisted that she get a new snazzy purse.  I insisted my mom get one too.  We went out to lunch, we went out to dinner, watched movies, we made brownies, drank tea as we discussed books we’ve read, I cut and colored her hair, and we worked out at the gym. We even attempted a dance class together. (This white girl cannot dance but I sure had fun).

IMG_0288

These are our “social barometer purses”.  Oh, and this was the before I cut and colored Heather’s hair picture, the one above is the after.

Pin It!

5 comments:

Heather Lytle said...

We are fisters.
I look chubby in this pic or something.
That was a good week (this white girl can't dance either but she'll keep on tryin')

Serinster dot net said...

i actually think you look really good in this picture so maybe you should consider gaining a little chub heather!?

Bren said...

You girls are beautiful and SO lucky to have one another! Cheers to sisters!

Warner / Debbie Blair said...

I always love it when my girls are together! My dream is to have all 5 together just hanging out and doing crafts, hair, shopping or whatever!

Serenity said...

you guys are beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld