Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Meet Flower Friend

In perfect timing with my “welcome to gardening season with your kiddos” post, my three-year-old learned about plants, flowers, and nature at his preschool today!  At school, he planted a flower with soil in a cup and gave it water.  As soon as we got home he informed me that we now needed to put it in the sun—so I set it on our front porch flower pot.  About twenty minutes later he came to me and said, “I need to check on my flower friend to see if he has grown.”  He then spent the rest of the afternoon carrying around his “flower friend”. I insisted “they” play outside. 
041

For a moment he was perplexed what he and Flower Friend could do together.
038

Then he decided he would teach Flower Friend how to play basketball.
039
This confirms that flowers ARE NOT ONLY for girls! Well, at least the ones that involve dirt.
(p.s.  I made my grass green in photoshop…it just looks so much better that way!)
Pin It!

1 comments:

Lap of Luxury said...

So cute! Funny to think plants can be friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld