Saturday, November 14, 2009

Summer's Halloween Card

My sweet, crafty sister Summer, who lives in Oahu with her hubby, MADE this card for me. She knows how much we love Halloween and for the past couple of years her and I have had fun getting dressed up together and taking my boys trick-or-treating. This year we missed her. This card made me so happy and reminded how much I miss her but also that no matter distance the simplest act of a hand made card can feel like a comforting hug. In primay this month, I've been teaching the children about service and told them even simple kind acts like a smile, hug, or loving note serves your family because it makes them feel happy. I shared with them how I felt getting this card from my sister...and of course got all tearied eyed.
Love you Summer Rae
Posted by Picasa
Pin It!

2 comments:

Serinster dot net said...

ya. i got teary eyed just reading that paragraph. cuz its so true. i also really enjoyed getting a card from summer in the mail. cuz i never get any mail :( so it made me happy.

Warner / Debbie Blair said...

Summer is so talented. Its fun that she sent a different card to each of us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld