Monday, November 9, 2009

O-hi-O

Because my computer became deathly ill and major surgery was necessary, I decided to take a trip up to Ohio and visit my sister Heather, who’s husband I refer to as Doctor Joel—he is a computer whiz. Now my computer is back to perfect health, and I enjoyed a mental health break with only little Brayden with me to relax with.
IMG_0010
Brayden adored his cousins adoring him. He felt very big chilling out on the floor with them.
IMG_0011
Mason was so sweet. He kept sharing his Halloween candy with me, and drawing pictures of shapes for me. I accidentally made him cry when I pointed out his super long toe nails. (I felt like such a mean aunt) He immediately walked out of the room with his toes tucked under his feet to go fetch a nail clipper. Once the tears were wiped away and Heather clipped his nails, we were best buds again. We spent the rest of the afternoon cuddled up on the couch watching cartoons.
IMG_0005
On a trip to the store, I couldn’t resist buying Princess Emrie a Hanna Montana Lip Gloss set. It came with a faux flip phone full of lip gloss with a removable “antenna” brush. She loved it, and carried it everywhere with her.
IMG_0006
Here she is showing off her fancy lips.
IMG_0007 IMG_0008
We had fun being princesses together. Emrie would go into her own little world and play with her princess castle. Heather said that if anyone comes into the room to play with her, it breaks the spell. So, I would hide in the kitchen, out of sight, to watch in listen.
IMG_0012_edited-1
Brayden brought laughter and smiles to everyone because he so easily smiles and loves to squeal at you.
IMG_0019
I accompanied Heather to Gabriel’s class for “Mystery Reader”. Gabe was able to sit with his mom in front of his peers and they could ask questions either about the story she read or about Gabe. They even had a question for me. They wanted to know is how two sisters from California ended up in Ohio and Texas.
IMG_0030
On Friday Night Date Night, Heather and Joel let me tag along like old times. (Doesn't her hair look cute...I cut it!)
IMG_0028
But this time, I had the cutest date EVER!
IMG_0029
After pizza, we enjoyed some DE-lish ice cream. I let Brayden have one tiny taste and he was hooked. As soon as the spoon hit his lips he starting humming something that almost sounded like “yum”.
IMG_0033 IMG_0031 IMG_0032
YUM YUM. Give me some (notice his crossed eyes). And keep it coming (notice the hand on my arm).
IMG_0034
They are just silly. And who knows what Joel is up too?
Thank you L**** family for the relaxing, fun time. I love you guys!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Serinster dot net said...

how fun! emmrie looks so big! and so does brayden! he is like a little man now!

Melody and Nathan Pellegrin said...

That's so great that you were able to go up there. I cannot believe how big Heather's kids are!!!

Bren said...

Oh how fun AMber!! I bet it was so nice to get to spend some quality time with your sister. You two are beautiful!!

Warner / Debbie Blair said...

Love the pictures and narrative. I have to agree with the others. You both are beautiful sisters, inside and out! Joel was lucky to spend time with 2 beautiful girls. I guess Joel would say they were luck to spend time with 1 handsome guy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld