Thursday, November 12, 2009

Aplswfnoskn

In school Colton has been learning about Johnny Apple Seed. I can remember learning about him too! I was very puzzled how one man could go around the country planting apple trees. I wondered if his feet got sore and how he didn’t run out of seeds. And then I took it even further and wondered, as I saw the trees all around my town, if he had planted any of those. (I obviously didn’t know the difference between regular trees and apple trees.) Anyhoo, Colton was asked to bring one of three specific apples to school. We chose the Granny Smith Apples because I think they are so pretty. The class taste tested each apple to determine which was his favorite. Colton’s only apple request is expressed in this adorable drawing he brought home. Some letters may be missing, but I can get the gist of what he was trying to write. This is his first attempt at a sentence. I am so proud of him.

appleswithnoskin_edit

Here is a closer view…

appleswithnoskin

(apples wif no skin)

He still struggles with the “th” sound, but it makes it all the cuter :)

Pin It!

1 comments:

Serinster dot net said...

aw haha thats so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld