Thursday, October 22, 2009

Our little B-bop at 7 months

Brayden is such a good baby. He makes my life so much happier with his smiles every time I come into view. He kicks his legs and flaps his arms with excitement. He also likes to “sing” to me and I copy him, which thrills him. When I hold him and walk through a room, he has to twist himself around to see where we are going, and he moves his head from side to side not wanting to miss anything. His temperament is so pleasant and easy going. He just lays back and watches the chaos of his brothers around him. And even when Rylan springs onto him unexpectedly, he’ll flinch slightly and just brace himself for what ever is coming. Usually it’s an over zealous kiss on the check or any extra squeezing hug. Colton is enamored with Brayden. He constantly says how cute he is (“He is so cute, I could look at him forever” he told me once.) Where Rylan is rough, Colton is all the more gentle. He talks sweetly to him, makes him laugh and plays pretend games with him in the car. Brayden stares at him in adoration and wonder.
Brayden loves to cuddle and takes to most people easily. He is much adored by the Relief Society in my ward as well as the young women. He often sits back on my lap, sucking his thumb and seems to contemplate the world around him. Sometimes he slightly furrows his brow as if he is trying to figure something out.
Seven months is around my favorite baby age. This is when their little personality starts to emerge, and they really respond to others. He is not yet mobile but big enough to fend for himself on the floor. Brayden will roll and roll and roll until an obstacle (like a chair, or a wall) stop him. He also does the belly superman/swim move, and he does it with such fervor it’s as if he really believes it is productive.
One of my favorite, unique to him, things he does is slightly stick out the tip of his tongue like a little lizard or something. He’s done this since he was a wee little thing. I even have a picture of him doing it. It just one of his little wonders that makes me smile.
mommy & Brayden 7 months 2
When I found out I was pregnant with a third boy, I couldn't imagine how I could handle one more, but I had faith that the Lord knew me and knew what he was blessing me with. Now, every morning, when I lift his precious, warm, smiling self out the the crib, I can’t imagine not having him as my sweet son.
mommy & Brayden 7 months
I love my Brayden Maverick, with his golden hair, blue-blue eyes, and perfect tiny dimples.
IMG_0036
IMG_0029
Pin It!

5 comments:

Melody and Nathan Pellegrin said...

He is so cute! And you look good and skinny. Cute jeans!

Serinster dot net said...

aw ya he is precious. i love the picture of you and him facing each other!

Aaron Blair said...

I'm so excited to be able to spend time with them all at Christmas. It will be so much fun!!!

Warner / Debbie Blair said...

Reading and seeing the pictures brought tears to my eyes. He is prescious and sweet and so are you.

Sharla said...

So cute! Man, where has the time gone? He's getting so big!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld