Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Candy Corn Addiction

Slide1
It's that time of year when I begin to gorge myself on these addicting little candies....uugghhh, I'm already sick....I've had one handful too many today.
This morning on his way to school, Colton said, and I quote "There better be candy corn in the jar when I get home from school today!"
The first thing he said when I picked him up after school, "Did you go to the store and get candy corn today?"
I did not. (trying to delay the inevitable 2 pounds...or more...I'll gain from these seemingly innocent festive treats)
"Well then," he replies, "as soon as we get home we are immediately going to the store."
And we did.
The boys opened a bag in the store and started eating them as we shopped. Combine those with the free cookie from the bakery, and the chocolate milk stop in the diary aisle, they were W I R E D by the time we got to the check out.  The gentlemen bagging my items asked "Would you like help out with this today?" and I said "Heck yeah!"
Pin It!

6 comments:

Melody and Nathan Pellegrin said...

Yuck! Those really aren't that good. But funny story.

Serinster dot net said...

ooo yes they are mel! those ARE addicting and luckily im a poor college student and they aren't accessable to me...at least not until halloween parties begin..cuz i would have a handful too many too! I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!!! BOO!

Holly, Justin, Carter & Kelsie said...

OH man...I hear ya...I started my addiction too. They are just so delicious! Especially the Brach's...YUMMM! I'm almost due for another bag =)

cctexrn said...

I love Candy Corn too. Why is it that we only eat it in October? It's in the stores all year. Oh well. Habit of nature. Love your blog. Chris

Jamie said...

I love candy corn!

Warner / Debbie Blair said...

Mix them with peanutes and it taste like Payday bars. YUM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld