Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday afternoon. In the Van. Rocking out.

Today while driving home from the gym, we had a great family moment that made me smile.  We were all in the Mini-Van (love it) and I was driving (which Sean normally does, but it just worked out that I was), so as in the passenger seat Sean was able to man the music…which was, no surprise, U2 on his iPod (which can plug into our car speaker system--again, love my new van), Rylan was in his usual back seat (he’s the loudest, so we seclude him…it works), Colton in the middle seat next to Brayden (so he can be my helper by feeding bottles or entertaining little one) and we were all rocking out.  Well except for Brayden, he was asleep (such a trooper).  On the newest U2 album Sean has a song for each of us.  And apparently he listens to it quite often with the boys because both Colton and Rylan know the parts and the words.  Sean changes it to what he calls “mommy’s song” because it reminds him of me.  It starts off about a girl saying “She’s a rainbow and she loves the peaceful life, knows I’ll go crazy if i don’t go crazy tonight.”  So I’m feeling special like I always do when Sean says songs remind him of me, and I hear him singing the words, but to add to my smile at that moment is not only do I hear Sean singing beside me, but behind me I hear Colton’s sweet voice singing the words, and I look in the rearview mirror and see Rylan trying to say the words and doing his part by playing the “air drums”.  I have such wonderful boys (including my sexy hubby)!
:)
Pin It!

4 comments:

Melody and Nathan Pellegrin said...

That's sweet...your boys love to sing :) So is Rylan going to be a drum player?

Bren said...

Oh I love it; seriously I got a few goosebumps reading that post. I love moments like that one; it's such a good reminder of how blessed in life we really are.

Lucky to have 4 boys doting on you - you definitely deserve it!

ade said...

Yes, you do have adorable boys - and all your boys have a beautiful mom and wife:)

Warner / Debbie Blair said...

Sounds like a great "magic moment" happy families usually have them often

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld