Thursday, September 3, 2009

May I recommend…

With Sean out of town on business, once the boys are in bed (whew!) my evenings are quiet.  I do a little diddling on my computer, and I don’t have any shows to watch, so after a while, I’m left with nothing but to turn off the house lights and climb into bed at like 9:00.  The other night I figured I’d read the book I got from the library that my sister had been recommending to me, since it was due back next week. 

Once I started I was hooked, and actually grateful that I could stay up “way past my bedtime” to read.  My adult responsibilities of having to wake up at 7am the next morning was the only thing to get me to turn off the light.  But I have to admit that the next morning after I dropped Colton off at school.  I got BACK into bed, as Rylan lounged on the couch still half asleep and entertained by cartoons, and my perfect baby back asleep in his crib after his morning bottle, and I continued reading. And continued. And continued.  Until NOON, when I forced myself to get up and eat something and DO something productive.  So I got dressed, ate  some lunch with Rylan, vacuumed my house, did my dishes, put a load in the laundry, spent some quality time with Rylan before his naptime.  Then feeling productive enough and worthy of the reward, I got back to reading.  I did have to be the responsible Mommy again after I picked up Colton from school and we ran some errands, did dinner, some outdoor playtime and then our bedtime routine, oh and I had a Primary Presidency meeting. THEN then it was quiet time again as I cozied back into bed…nine hours later and read till I finished the book at midnight. 

So pretty much the book was a one day read for me.  Meaning, it was a good book.

In case you’d like to waste a day or two with an exciting adventure of life and death and love, then get your hands on “The Hunger Games” by Suzzanne Collins.  And just so you know, it’s book one in a trilogy.  The second book came out on Tuesday and I’m only number 55 on the waiting list at the library :(

Pin It!

2 comments:

Nickell said...

I've been meaning to read that book. I had a friend recommend that to me a while ago and just haven't read it yet. I need to!

Holly, Justin, Carter & Kelsie said...

I recently added this to my wait list at the library too...I'm excited to get it. You know, I just got done reading "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer. Don't know if you've tried it yet, but it was awesome, just like the Twilight books. If you haven't read it, you should. I loved it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld