Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ice Cream, Ice Cream, We all love Ice Cream

We (and when I say “we” I mean the boys) hope the Ice Cream Man (which I think is actually a woman) will come down our street every day.  Sometimes when we are playing outside, we will hear it’s tune lofting through the air—a distant tease. But, much to our dismay we see no colorful truck driving down our street, and soon the tune fades away.  Well, on Friday the boys were outside playing with Daddy and the elusive Ice Cream Truck came cruising down our street. I hear Sean say, “Quick Colt, wave down the truck so it will stop, I’ll go get money.”  So off go Colton and Rylan running down the street yelling “S-T-O-P!!”  By that time I was in the front yard and I call out to them to come back to the front of the house and the ice cream man can drive down to us.  “That way he will know that there are kids at this house next time he comes driving by,” Sean explains as he comes out of the house carrying his huge coin collection.  Needless to say the boys were thrilled with there frozen treats.  The next day another ice cream truck came down our street while we were playing outside, and we splurged again. Colton thought it was the best weekend ever!
september 036 
september 047
Pin It!

5 comments:

Melody and Nathan Pellegrin said...

I think these pictures look nice. Are you sure you need a new camera? But how fun for the boys :)

Warner / Debbie Blair said...

I was thinking the same thing about the quality of the pictures. The color is very good. I remember one day Colton stood looking out my front window for a LONG time before the ice cream truck finally came around the corner, and the what joy!

Stacy said...

How sweet. Is it wrong that my heart still speeds up with joy when I hear the icecream man? It is just so fun.

Lois Brown said...

They are sooo cute! and I loved the soccer pics too.

Holly, Justin, Carter & Kelsie said...

This is just the best...Carter and I both love the ice cream man. You just never forget the special popsicles with bubblegum eyes...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld