Sunday, March 8, 2009

The best Daddy's...


...in a good way, and here is one of the examples I draw upon for this conclusion.

Back over the Christmas holiday when my sister Heather was visiting with her family, on one of the nicer weather days, we took all our kiddos to a park playground by my house--we refer to it as "The Fishy Park" because it has a big fish bridge on the playground. Heather's three kids, her husband, myself, and my two boys all ventured to the park. As I always do, when I got to the playground I laid out the blanket on the grass, kicked off my shoes and sat down. My sister Heather did the same. We sat there and talked about books and whatever. All the while her husband Joel climbed on the playground, playing and chasing the boys, squeezing down the slide with his little girl, and just being a fun, silly dad. At the time I commented to Heather, "Joel is making me look bad. The next time we come to this park, my boys will want me to climb around like Uncle Joel." She laughed and said, "Well, I'm just sitting here too." We had no desire to climb onto the playground.

The story jumps forward to this weekend. On Saturday the weather was really nice and the boys wanted to play at "The Fishy Park", so we went--it was a special treat to have Daddy (Sean) with us. As usual I just sat there with my book and proceeded to read. But Sean didn't hestitate as he joined the boys and climbed onto the playground, pretended he was a dinosaur just like boys, squeezed down the slide, and played chase. It was so adorable to watch. A 6' 1" frame crawling around something built for half that size. The boys LOVED it, and I LOVED Sean even more watching him be such a great, fun, silly dad. I flashed back to the park visit we made in December with my sister's family and again thought to myself:

The best Daddy's are just big kids...in a good way :)
Pin It!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld