Friday, September 12, 2008

A Colton conversation

Today during a 30 minute drive in the car, Colton had his usual life pondering questions for me. This time it was about growing older and marriage. Here is a little tidbit of our conversation:

Colton: How will I know who to marry?

Mommy: Well, after your mission and during college or after you will want to spend time with girls, and one of those girls you will really like and eventually want to always spend time with so you will get married and start a family.

Colton: What did Daddy like about you that he wanted to marry you?

Mommy: Daddy thought I was pretty. He thought I was smart. He liked that I went to church. He and I laughed together a lot. We talked together well and we enjoyed having fun together.

Colton: Can I marry a girl who wears a ponytail all the time?

Mommy: Sure. Daddy likes when I wear a ponytail, too.

Colton: Why?

Mommy: I guess he thinks it is cute.

Colton: I think it is cute too.

(Gee...if only it took a ponytail to win over someone's love)
Pin It!

4 comments:

Melody and Nathan Pellegrin said...

Cute, that gave me a chuckle :)

zepp said...

What a sweet dialogue! I love how inquisitive Colton is. Amber, you are doing a great job of raising him. It's great how you two have conversations with each other. Too many kiddos aren't fortunate enough to develop such a relationship with their parents.

Serinster dot net said...

i've never known any four year old to ask such deep questions...its impressive and awesome. i love love colton's questions and comments. he's so lucky he can have such a good source (you) to ask for all of his LIFE!

Kelley said...

I can't wait to have these conversations with Grant. On the contrary, right now I'm getting a lot of, "I'm going to shoot you" and miscellaneous potty talk. Not fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld