Monday, July 14, 2008

Jumping on the Coupon bandwagon

My friend Lisa is mentoring me in the world of Coupon Mastery. She has a terrific blog (waymore4wayless.blogspot.com) that shows all the deals she finds through combining coupons and store sales. I once tried it when I was first married but quickly became discouraged because I couldn't figure out how to make it worth it. However, now under Lisa's tutelage, I am learning the true ways of Coupon Mastery. Today was my first try. My friend likes to display in a very orderly manner her purchases...me on the other hand--I was exhausted by the time I got home that all I wanted to do was put my groceries away (and the kids) and take a nap.

But I am proud of the money I saved this first time. Here's the results:

Kroger: (coupon only purchases)
Total spent = $53.06
Total saved = $57.24

Albertsons: (using B1G1free sale)
Total spent = $104.49
Total saved= $85.99

So, as I see it, I got $300.78 worth of items for $157.55!!
That is 52% savings...yea :)
Pin It!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Great job. I am so glad that you jumped on the coupon bandwagon. Anything over 50% is a great shopping trip to me. Talk to you soon!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld