Friday, May 9, 2008

My other blog...a personal indulgence to share with you

The short version:
I made a second separate blog. The link is to the right..."Amber's Stories (fiction)"...check it out :)

The long version:
Okay, so I've been saying for years how I would love to write stories. I always have some kind of story living in my head. Sometimes I try to write them down and quit after one page or one paragraph, sometimes I just tell them to my sisters, and sometimes they just rattle around in my head until they eventually fade away. Finally, I've been trying to commit to my stories and give myself some peace of mind by giving them a chance and write down an actual chapter. Since I started doing this, it has been a sort of much needed therapy for me...my way of escaping. Plus, I was in good book withdrawals and had nothing to read. Then I had a dream the other night that I couldn't get out of my head, nor did I want to let go of it because I loved it. So, I took inspiration from one of my favorite authors and started typing. Now, I don't expect this to be huge, and it's mostly for my own indulgence and a few of my family members who are too kind with encouraging me....but, I have created a separate blog for anyone who would like to read my fictional stories, or I should say story because there is just one for now. I have posted the first part of the first chapter. If I stay on task (thanks to my personal editor--my sister Melody) I will post a chapter each week. With that said...if you'd like, click on the link to the right titled "Amber's Stories".
Pin It!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld