Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Frollicking in the rain

I was sharing this story to my friend in an email, and decided to copy it here as well:

My boys love to be outside, and they go stir crazy in the house for too long if the weather is poor. However....Colton doesn't seem to care about weather. Yesterday it started raining while he was playing in the backyard, and I could hear him from the other room exclaiming with delight. Then like 5 minutes later he runs into my office completely NAKED, I was like, "What are you doing?" He said his clothes were getting all wet so he took them off so he could continue to play in the rain (Naked!). Then this morning at 10am he's ready to play outside, but it's like 50 degrees or at least felt like it to my wimpy self, but he doesn't care and plays in the backyard...Rylan decided he join him also. 30 minutes later he comes in the house and says "Hot chocolate please" so he can warm up his now freezing body. He's like his dad, can't stay cooped up for too long. Me on the other hand could spend all day in one room by myself as long as I have a good book or something good to watch.
Pin It!

6 comments:

Jamie Olsen said...

Crazy Colton! Weather just doesn't seem to bother kids...there are more important things to worry about! Like playing!

Bonnie said...

That is too funny. Ren doesn't get naked (yet) but she does change into her Dora the Explorer nightgown everytime she gets a chance.

Stacey said...

kids are so resilient! Heath told me he used to play outside all day in 115 degree weather in AZ -- didn't faze him. But, this story is good to hear because we'll be moving soon to either a very rainy or very snowy climate and I've been worried about having Jace cooped up in the house. He doesn't "do" cooped up. He likes to run wild and free. :)

Melody an Nathan Pellegrin said...

I can just hear him saying "hot chocolate please" in his sweet little voice.

mandy said...

That is so funny!! My boys are the same way. They both have cabin fever pretty bad. Anytime the door is open, Jackson is out the door as fast as he can, no matter the weather. I am sure that is he could ask for "hot chocolate" he would!! It is so fun to keep up with you family and what is going on.

Holly, Justin & Carter said...

It always amazes me that kids (at least yours and mine) don't seem to care if it's freezing, windy, raining, whatever...Carter still loves being outside when it's super cold and windy here...and wants to play with the sprinkler hose, crazy boy! That cracks me up he took his clothes off

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld