Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Man

What is his name? Sean
How long have you been together? We met in November 2001, Started Dating January 2002, and were married November 2002....So that makes it 6 years together.
How long did you date? We dated for five months before we became officially "Boyfriend and Girlfriend". By our eigth month dating we were engaged, and then married three months after that....so we dated for about 10 months before we were married. We still date a couple of times a month though ;)
How old is he? 31. He is 4 months younger then me.
Who eats more? Sean can eat a lot...he LOVES food, but he is very careful about his food intake, to keep his nice physique. We joke that his favorite room in the house is the pantry. Except he doesn't really like ours because it's always empty, but, his mom's is the first place he goes to at her house. However, when it comes to sweets, I think I eat more.
Who said I love you first? Sean did, but I thought it WAY before he did. He wanted to wait and say it when he knew he truly meant it. He likes to say, "One moment I realized I loved you and I said it right then, a week later I started looking at rings, and two weeks later I proposed." It might have taken it a while for it to hit him, but when it did he didn't waste anytime...thank goodness :)
Who is taller? Sean is a little over 6' 1' and a perfect match to my 5' 6". I can give him a hug and he can rest his chin on the top of my head.
Who is smarter? Our intelligences are a good match. We each have our strength areas, but I'll admit he is probably smater then me overall. Plus, he is earning his MBA right now, so he'll have one more degree then me. His smartness is one of the things I love most about him.
Who does the laundry? This is a sensitive subject. Because of my weak laundry skills, Sean helps me out and does his own laundry. And he also often does the boys laundry too...however, he will not fold the boys' or my laundry. So after he helps me out and washes the loads, he dumps the clean clothes onto our guest bed and builds what he fondly refers to as Mount Vasouvious (sp?).
Who does the dishes? Me. But a couple of times a month he will.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I don't know which side is the right side. Sean sleeps on the side closest to the bedroom door. It's a safety, protection thing to him or something.
Who pays the bills? Me.
Who mows the lawn? Sean. I take care of the flower beds and bushes.
Who cooks dinner? Me. We've been married 5 years--Sean has cooked one dinner, and then a few years ago he made a batch of cookies. Both were quite good.
Who drives when you are together? Sean, unless the directions are tricky and then I drive so Sean can navigate because I'm awful at reading maps and giving directions.
Who is more stubborn? My answer to this is, We are both first born children.
Who kissed who first? Sean kissed me of course. He was patient and worked hard to get that first kiss too, but it was all worth it :)
Who asked who out first? Well, I was the first one to say something to him which started us out as friends. A few months later at church I casually complimented him, "I like your tie," and he responded, "Thanks. So when are we going to go out?" I returned with, "I guess when you call me and ask me out." He did three days later.
Who proposed? Sean did at sunset on an August summer night at the cliffs of the Santa Barbara coast. It was perfect.
Who wears the pants in the family? Well, Sean certainly doesn't wear the skirt.
Pin It!

3 comments:

up in bubbles said...

How cute. That was fun to read, and learn a little bit more. I think you should encourage him more in the kitchen, especially if what he made was good. It is great that you have some help with laundry. I hate laundry. I love how you change the background or whatever it is called to your blog. SO cute

Holly, Justin & Carter said...

This was so cute...Justin also refuses to fold clothing. He'll wash and then dump the clean clothes in laundry baskets piled in our closet. I love that he helps washing them, but it's hard to keep up with the folding! Ha ha...Also, how do you change your background without losing everything?

Serinster dot net said...

well that was a delight to read! He's such a great guy and you are such a great girl so you two are perfect for eachother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld