Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Connelly's "25" Days of Christmas: Day 19

"Rudolph Hair Style"

As you've probably determined from these blogs, and those whom know him personally, Colton is a bit of a kooky kid. He is mister personality and, I think, darn cute. He also has quite an imagination (like I did as a kid) and is very inquisitive. Lately, his thing has been pretending to be different animals or creatures. He loves to wear pajamas because he thinks he can "be" different things with them on--if he's just wearing regular clothes, then he says he's just Colton the little boy (and that is too boring I guess). However, I am a relatively normal mother and believe children should appear in public wearing day clothes. And, he does when we leave the house to run errands and stuff. But here's the catch.... Colton still needs to pretend to be someone or something despite his boring boy clothes. So, he asks me to style his HAIR in certain ways. For example, if he wants to be a dinosaur, I style it like "Three Horn" and make three distinct spikes on the top, or like a dragon is a messy, rough style like their scaly skin. Spiderman is usually our Sunday hairstyle because Peter Parker combs his hair to the side. Well, his latest request is to have his hair styled like Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer. He specifically asked me to make it look like two ears, and two horns...I did the best I could. Here is a video of our end result. In the video you will notice that he is also sitting like his Rudolph also...again, all his own idea.

Pin It!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

That is too funny. What an imaginative kid, and he definitely is cute to the rest of us too! Ren was excited to see Colton again in her class at church. I asked if she played with him and she told me,"Yes, but he was sad and he wanted his daddy." Moving is tough, but we are so glad you are back. :)

Melody and Nathan said...

My my goodness! How funny...nice job on the hair there...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld