Sunday, November 18, 2007

Holiday Baking


It's that time of year when the house is warmed by the oven and the aroma of baked goodies hang in the air. When the Halloween candy is pretty much all gone, the cool weather comes, and the turkey feast is just around the corner, is about the time I love to open up my cookbook and BAKE! My little munchkins are quickly learning to stick around while I bake and yummy fun is soon to come. I think I'm a "recipe junkie". I have way more recipes then I will ever be able to bake, but I still love collecting them. I mostly end up baking my traditional favorites each holiday. Maybe next year's resolution will be to actually use the recipes I collect. These pictures came from a "Spicy Oat Cookie" recipe that was very holiday-ish...they tasted like Christmas. Tonight I made a recipe I've had in my cookbook for years (I think it is one of my mom's recipes), Chewy Brownie Cookies. They were GOOD-D! I love discovering new tasty wonders!
Posted by Picasa
Pin It!

1 comments:

brenna said...

I love this time of year also for the baking! How much fun would we have if we could bake together :) I love seeing pics of your boys; my girls can't wait to marry them!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "

-Margaret D. Nadauld